Home Maintenance Tips Austin Texas can be a huge undertaking if you are not organized. Provided are some pre-inspection tips that are recommended to complete before the inspector arrives. Following are some tips to keep your home in top shape.
Pre-inspection Tips for Home Inspections
- Replace all dirty air filters and burned out light fixtures.
- Make sure gas, water, and electricity are turned on.
- All gas pilot lights should be burning.
- Trim all landscape that would hinder access to the roof or foundation area.
- If necessary, replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have all fenced gates, attic doors, security closets, electrical panels, etc., unlocked and easily accessible.
- Make any necessary repairs to broken components if possible.
- All fireplaces should be clean and free of any decor.
- All areas inside and out should be free from any items blocking access. Remove any items restricting access to water heaters, air conditioners, etc.
- Keep all pets secure so they will not hinder inspection.